The PALS Instructor Essentials Course is an online, self-directed course that teaches information needed to instruct AHA’s PALS classroom courses and to conduct skills practice and skills testing sessions for HeartCode® PALS Part 1 eLearning courses. Upon completion of this course, a certificate of completion is available to print and must be presented at the classroom PALS Instructor Course.
Who is this course for?
This course must be completed by candidates who wish to become AHA PALS Instructors.
Prerequisites for PALS Instructor Essentials
Prior to taking this course, candidates must have a current course completion card in PALS. Candidates must also have aligned with an AHA PALS Training Center that is accepting new PALS Instructors.
Next steps for becoming a PALS Instructor
Following successful completion of the PALS Instructor Essentials Course, candidates must also:
- Attend the in-person PALS Instructor Course
- Be monitored by Faculty teaching their first course
Upon successful completion of all steps, candidates receive an PALS Instructor card, valid for two years.
This course covers:
- Planning and preparation for courses
- Instructing courses
- Conducting written exams, skills practice and skills testing
- Keeping your PALS Instructor status current
- Includes approximately 30 minutes of general information about instructing AHA courses, followed by PALS course-specific information
- Course information is available for 12 months following online activation
PALS Instructor Essentials Online (90-1430)
The cost of this course includes:
- Instructor course
- Instructor manual
- Course monitoring
- Training center alignment