The AHA BLS Instructor Essentials Course is an online, self-directed course that teaches information needed to instruct AHA’s BLS for Healthcare Providers and Heartsaver® classroom courses and to conduct skills practice and skills testing sessions for BLS for healthcare providers instructor course and Heartsaver eLearning courses.
Upon completion of this course, a certificate of completion is available to print and must be presented at the classroom AHA BLS Instructor Course.
Prerequisites for BLS Instructor Essentials
Prior to taking this course, candidates must have a current course completion card in BLS for Heathcare Providers. Candidates must also have aligned with an AHA BLS Training Center that is accepting new BLS Instructors.
Next steps for becoming a BLS Instructor
Following successful completion of the BLS Instructor Essentials Course, candidates must also:
- Attend the in-person BLS instructor training course
- Be monitored by Faculty teaching their first course
Upon successful completion of all steps, candidates receive a BLS Instructor card, valid for two years.
This course covers:
- Planning and preparation for courses
- Instructing courses
- Conducting written exams, skills practice and skills testing
- Keeping your BLS Instructor status current
- Includes approximately 30 minutes of general information about instructing AHA courses, followed by BLS course-specific information
- Course information is available for 12 months following online activation
BLS Instructor Essentials Online (90-1429)
The cost of this course includes:
- Instructor course
- Instructor manual
- Course monitoring
- Training center alignment