The Heartsaver® Instructor Essentials Course is an online, self-directed course that teaches information needed to instruct AHA’s Heartsaver® classroom courses and to conduct skills practice and skills testing sessions for Heartsaver® eLearning courses. Upon completion of this course, a certificate of completion is available to print and must be presented at the classroom Heartsaver® Instructor Course.
Who is this course for?
This course must be completed by candidates who wish to become AHA Heartsaver® Instructors.
Prerequisites for Heartsaver® Instructor Essentials
Prior to taking this course, candidates must have a current course completion card in Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED or BLS for Healthcare Providers. Candidates must also have aligned with an AHA BLS Training Center that is accepting new Heartsaver® Instructors.
Next steps for becoming a Heartsaver® Instructor
Following successful completion of the Heartsaver® Instructor Essentials Course, candidates must also:
- Attend the in-person Heartsaver® Instructor Course
- Be monitored by Faculty teaching their first course
Upon successful completion of all steps, candidates receive an Heartsaver® Instructor card, valid for two years.
This course covers:
- Planning and preparation for courses
- Instructing courses
- Conducting written exams, skills practice and skills testing
- Keeping your Heartsaver® Instructor status current
- Includes approximately 30 minutes of general information about instructing AHA courses, followed by Heartsaver® course-specific information
- Course information is available for 12 months following online activation
Heartsaver® Instructor Essentials Online (90-1431)
The cost of this course includes:
- Instructor course
- Instructor manual
- Course monitoring
- Training center alignment