There are many factors that lead to stress.
Stress is projected by many common and daily signs that we might miss if we are not aware. Common responses to stress are listed below. Think about how stress affects you and the many ways you can work to decrease your levels of stress by making changes to daily routine.
Aches and Pains include:
- Neck ache
- Stomach ache
- Tight muscles
- Clenched jaw.
Energy Level and Sleep include:
- Feeling tired without a good reason
- Trouble sleeping.
Feelings of stress include:
- Out of control
Other Emotional Signs
- Easily irritated
Some physical signs may be caused by a medical condition or by medicines you take. If you aren’t sure what’s causing your physical symptoms, ask your doctor if stress might be the cause.
How Do You Respond?
When you are under stress, do any of these behaviors apply to you?
- Eat to calm down.
- Speak and eat very fast.
- Drink alcohol or smoke to calm down.
- Rush around but do not get much done.
- Work too much.
- Delay doing the things I need to do.
- Sleep too little, too much or both.
- You slow down.
- Try to do too many things at once.
Engaging in even one of these behaviors may mean that you are not dealing with stress as well as you could. Learn some ways you can fight it with healthy habits. You can begin by changing certain habits such as:
- Overworking yourself
- Occupying time on social media at night
- Taking on too many tasks at once
- Living a fast paced life
- Negative coping methods that affect health
You can start by
- Eating Healthier
- Having Time management
- Scheduling ahead of time
- Going on walks
- Taking Breaks
Source: American Heart Association